Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wilderness Reveiled!

The road to nowhere


It's been brought to my attention that many of you may not completely understand where it is that we now live. So to clarify and help you get the gist of it, I took another look at my pictures and decided to take another this morning.

There is nothing to see here that you can't see everywhere in Wyoming, except for us of course! The rolling hills of sage brush are more green than I have ever seen. I can look out of any window of my house and see for miles and miles. There is virtually nothing to obstruct my view.
We have a variety of wildlife that graces us with their presence daily. Among them are various birds, mostly robins, doves and chickadees, deer that eat our lawn and scrubs, bunnies, antelope, foxes and our favorite the "fairy dogs". We keep telling her they are prairie dogs, but it's really no use!

This is "country livin"...redneck heaven actually. Not exactly my cup of tea, but I do have to say the peace and quiet is beginning to grow on me. We see the sun everyday, the sunset, moon and stars every night. I know it may sound silly to some, but having nothing but cloud cover for years at a time, you forget how truly marvelous the wonders of nature can be. I forgot just how much I missed watching the sun set. The colors and the feeling it brings to me are very soothing to my soul. I am grateful for the simple things in life, more than ever before.
Thanks to Misty...this one's for you babe!


No comments: